Sunday, August 29, 2010

Me so far

This blog is to be used to document my journey from a lazy, unfit woman and a active and fit runner.

I started eating better 6 weeks ago. At the same time I started walking a couple of times a week. Walking was hard to start with but after a couple of weeks I wasn't even breaking a sweat. This was my signal to step it up a little. Enter running.

I just finished my first week of running using a walk/run plan 3 days a week. The week went well and I can't wait to start week 2 next week.

I have decided that if I complete the next two weeks of my training I am going to sign up for a race, a 5K. The 5K is part of the Auckland Marathon which is held on the 31st of October.

I love blogging and writing, as well as reading and travel. Welcome to my blog and my journey!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I noticed your blog link on the sparkpeople boards and thought I'd come over and have a look because I'm also a New Zealander from Auckland. I really just want to wish you the best of luck and so much encouragement because I think what you're doing for yourself is just great and I really do hope you have great success with your running. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, fellow kiwi runner! Feel free to stop by and ask me some questions if you need any advice!

    ReplyDelete