Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rain, rain, go away...

Good morning world, good morning blog world, good morning...rain!







I woke up this morning to pouring rain. Blah! I am supposed to run today, I hope it clears up soon! In addition to my run I WILL be doing the 30 Day Shred. I need to start strength training, and since tomorrow is a rest day I should have plenty of time to recover from the Shred before my next run. The shred kills. True story.

I also have a cat situation that needs to be delt with today. A black cat has been hanging around our house for about a month. Yesterday we managed to get the cat to come to us. He is sooooo friendly and smoochy. He just wants to be loved and we have love to give. But we can't really afford all the costs that come with a stray cat. He needs to go to the vet (he has been in fights and has a few wounds that need checking out) and he needs to be de-manned. That costs money. So we have 2 options, find the money to get him seen to and bring him home and love him or take him to the SPCA. Because he is a mature cat I know that he might be at the SPCA for a while, so I would really prefer to keep him. I am actually really surprised that there is no help avaliable for people like me. I am happy, thrilled even, to give this boy a new home, but no animal agency will help with the financial costs. I am saving them money by having and housing the cat from the word go. They won't need to pay for food and homing costs. Now, I'm not expecting a handout, but a discount for being a good person would be nice! Anyways, we can afford $100, so maybe I will be able to find a vet who can work within our budget to help us and the cat out. If not we'll take him the the SPCA. Either way he will be safe and happy and thats the main thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment